Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid (QCF)
This course is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with an emergency situation whilst undertaking activities, such as sports, swimming, hiking, rock climbing, etc.
The qualification is based on the recommendations of the Resuscitation Council (UK) and the Skills for Health Assessment Principles for First Aid Qualifications. QA Level 2 Award in Activity First Aid (QCF) is registered on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) regulated by Ofqual.
Aim of Qualification
The aim of the qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.
- The role of the first aider
- Preventing cross-infection
- Recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Emergency procedure
- Unconscious casualty
- Recovery position
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Bleeding and shock
- Minor injuries
- Secondary survey
- Fractures, dislocations, strains and sprains
- Head and spinal Injury
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Electrical injury
- Eye injuries
- Anaphylactic shock
- Heart attack
- Hyperthermia, heat exhaustion and heat stroke
1. Practical Assessment completed throughout the course
2. Two multiple choice question papers
12 hours (2 days)
On successful completion an Accredited Certificate is awarded valid for 3 years.
If you require further information, please contact us on 01484 514260 or 01243 278515 or use our enquiry form.