Level 2 Award in Safe Moving & Handling
This qualification is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
Aim of Qualification
Learners gaining this qualification will explore why moving and handling must be carried out correctly and be made aware of its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
- Potential injuries/ill health associated with incorrect manual handling
- Employer and employees duties
- Consequences for non-compliance with health & safety in the workplace
- Definition of the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
- Risk assessment
- Risk control hierarchy
- Safe movement principles
- Manual handling equipment
Practical assessment completed throughout the course
Multiple choice question paper
6 hours (1 day)
On successful completion an Accredited Certificate is awarded valid for 3 years.
If you require further information, please contact us on 01484 514260 or 01243 278515 or use our enquiry form.