Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
This qualification is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with an emergency situation.
The course is based on the HSE training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981.
Aim of Qualification
The aim of the qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.
- The role of the Emergency First Aider
- Preventing cross-infection
- Recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Emergency Procedure
- Unconscious casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Minor injuries (small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
1. Practical Assessment completed throughout the course
2. Multiple choice question paper
6 hours (1 day)
On successful completion an Accredited Certificate is awarded valid for 3 years.
Individual course bookings
We also have availability on our courses currently running at our venue in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. For current availability of this course please click here.
If you require further information, please contact us on 01484 514260 or 01243 278515 or use our enquiry form.